RAISING AWARENESS THROUGH EDUCATION
PROMOTING PREVENTION & EARLY DETECTION CAMPAIGNING FOR CHANGE
SKCIN: THE KAREN CLIFFORD SKIN CANCER CHARITY / REGISTERED CHARITY: 1150048
WE NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE HELP US TO STOP SKIN CANCER TAKING MORE LIVES. WE ARE HUGELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
Becoming an Ambassador of SkcinGetting Involved
TO REVERSE THE SOARING
RATES OF SKIN CANCER FOR
OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS
Knowledge is power. It's time to make
a change. Education is key, a culture
change is required and that's our mission.
RATES OF SKIN CANCER
ARE RISING FASTER THAN
ANY OTHER CANCER
and it is now one of the biggest cancer
killers in the 15-34 age group!
ALMOST ALL SKIN CANCERS
ARE CAUSED BY OVER
EXPOSURE TO UV
That means that almost all skin cancers
are preventable by being sun savvy!
SKIN CANCER IS THE MOST
COMMON CANCER IN THE UK
Skin cancer kills more people in the UK
than Australia - the UV capital of the world!
THAT'S WHY SKCIN ARE
DEDICATED TO PROMOTING
Through national educational,
accreditation schemes, campaigns,
partnerships and initiatives...
LOOK AFTER YOUR SKIN
AND STAY SAFE IN THE SUN
At Skcin we are dedicated to preventing
skin cancer through education...
BECOMING AN AMBASSADOR OF SKCIN
If you’re passionate and motivated about beating skin cancer and would like to become part of a growing network of like-minded individuals that share our objectives, we want to work with you.
Your passion and enthusiasm can help encourage people to take action, helping Skcin in meeting our strategic objectives of increasing awareness by promoting prevention and early detection and supporting our national accreditation schemes within the local and wider community.
THE ROLE OF AN AMBASSADOR
An Ambassador of Skcin can help us raise awareness locally or regionally in a number of ways.
The extent to which an Ambassador may offer support to the charity is of course optional and dependent on the amount of time an individual can afford. However, for guidance we have outlined below a number of ways in which an Ambassador should ideally support Skcin in achieving our objectives. All Ambassadors will receive extensive resources to help them, full support from the charity and the opportunity to become part of a growing community of Ambassadors across the UK.
KEY TASKS FOR AMBASSADORS:
- Become familiar with the work of Skcin and our national accreditation schemes
- Engage your local community in our campaigns and promote our work using our resources
- Promote the schemes to local primary schools, pre-schools and employers of outdoor workers, encouraging them to take part and assist them where necessary in completing their accreditation
- Visit local primary schools to talk to pupils as part of their whole school assembly (required to complete their Sun Safe Schools Accreditation)
- Write to and meet your local Council and/or MP for support with rolling out the accreditation schemes
- Host and/or support a local awareness and/or fundraising event
- Inspire your family, friends, colleagues and on-line networks to support the charity
- Give short talks on the charity and our work (experience of public speaking is preferred)
- Engage with the local press about our work and your personal connection to skin cancer
- Attend cheque presentations and thank our supporters face-to-face in your local area
- Set up a fundraising group with friends, family or colleagues
- Make introductions to your contacts who may support the charity
- Create good connections in your local area to gain continued support
- Communicate with our Ambassador community by staying in touch via our on-line network
- Feedback regularly to Skcin your achievements and share on social media where possible
If becoming an ambassador is of interest to you, please register your interest using the form below.
Please note that all ambassadors must be over 18 to volunteer and we request a minimum of six months commitment to the role over the Spring/Summer months.
AMBASSADOR REGISTRATION FORM
To register your interest in becoming an Ambassador of Skcin, please complete the following registration form in full.
Thank you for your support, we look forward to working with you to beat Skin Cancer.
know in one handy little book
out the truth and misconceptions
what you should be looking for...
of associated risk and protection...
burn and why it’s important not to
how UVR can cause skin cancer
burn - learn how to protect them